What to do when the water gets deep.
Everyone knows that when you are up to your neck in hot water the first thing you do is shut your mouth. WHAT do you do when you are knee deep in cold water? WHAT do you do when it just keeps filling your home? First things first, call SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen 303-279-8055 night or day, your call is always answered by a caring member of our team.
We will arrive at your home quickly to begin extracting the water and drying the structure.
Until we arrive, there are some things you CAN do and some you should NOT do.
Things TO do in a water/flooding emergency:
- Shut off the source of water if possible
- Wipe water from wood furniture
- Remove upholstery cushions and set elsewhere to dry
- Set furniture up on blocks or squares of foil
- Remove area rugs, especially if bright or dark colored
- Remove newspapers, books, shoes, etc.
- Remove valuable artwork, photos and sensitive materials
- Keep furniture skirting and draperies from contacting wet floors if possible
- Open drawers and cabinet doors (Do not force open)
- Punch SMALL holes in sagging ceilings to relieve trapped water (Don’t forget to place pans underneath)
- If possible, keep out of rooms where the ceiling is sagging
Things to NOT do in a water/flooding emergency:
- DO NOT use a household vacuum to attempt to remove water
- DO NOT use electrical appliances
- DO NOT turn on wet ceiling fixtures
- TURN OFF Circuit Breakers for wet areas(IF access to the Power Distribution Panel is safe)
- DO NOT use TV’s or appliances while standing on wet floors, Especially on wet concrete floors
- DO NOT wade into waters that may be in contact with electrical current