Winter is coming to Golden Wheat Ridge Evergreen
As the temperatures prepare to drop are you preparing too? Freezing temps can lead to frozen pipes, and frozen pipes lead to burst pipes and winter flooding! When disaster strikes it is important to act quickly. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
First shut off the water supply.
Second call SERVPRO of Golden Wheat Ridge Evergreen at 303-279-8055.
We answer the phones 24 hours a day and have 24 hour on call service. When time is of the essence rely on a company who understands that and is ready to help.
With these simple steps you can help PREVENT frozen pipes on those sub-zero days:
- Insulate interior pipes that are along exterior walls (think kitchen sinks)
- Leave under sink cabinet doors open to allow better air, and heat, circulation to the pipes.
- Leave your faucets dripping or a very low trickle to help prevent freezing.
- Set your heat to one steady temp during the cold snap rather than programing the heat to lower at night
- Make sure exterior faucets water lines are shut off and the faucet itself is left open
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help
Call Today – 303-279-8055
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Golden Wheat Ridge Evergreen has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of Golden Wheat Ridge Evergreen arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 303-279-8055
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.