Fire Extinguisher Purchasing Tips for Golden Residents?
Our Golden, Wheat Ridge, and Evergreen team has the training, equipment, and experience to restore fire damage “Like it never even happened.” Please read our latest blog here to learn how to select a home fire extinguisher.
Word Count: 242
Our Golden, Wheat Ridge, and Evergreen team has been restoring fire damage for over forty years in Golden. Owning and knowing how to operate a home fire extinguisher can save lives. Here are some tips from the National Fire Protection Association for selecting and using a fire extinguisher:
- For the home, choose a multi-purpose extinguisher (which can be used on all types of home fires) that is large enough to put out a small fire but not so heavy as to be difficult to handle
- Select a fire extinguisher that carries the label of an independent testing laboratory
- Read the instructions that come with the fire extinguisher and become familiar with its parts and operation before a fire breaks out. Local fire departments or fire equipment distributors often offer hands-on fire extinguisher trainings.
- Install fire extinguishers close to an exit and keep your back to a clear exit when you use the device so you can make an easy escape if the fire cannot be controlled. If the room fills with smoke, leave immediately.
- Know when to go. Fire extinguishers are one element of a fire response plan, but the primary element is safe escape. Every household should have a home fire escape plan and working smoke alarms.
Call Us Today!
When you have a fire damage emergency in your Golden home or business, our local Golden, Wheat Ridge, and Evergreen team is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 303-279-8055.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.