Wildfire Risk Reduction Safety Tips for Wheat Ridge?
Our team in Golden, Wheat Ridge, and Evergreen responds to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day, every day. Burning embers can travel as far as five miles in front of a wildfire and are responsible for up to 60 percent of wildland/urban interface home ignitions. Here are some tips from the National Fire Protection Association for minimizing the risk of wildfire damage:
Action Items to Improve Your Home’s Survivability:
- REMOVE leaves, pine needles, and other flammable material from the roof, gutters, and on and under the deck to help prevent embers from igniting your home
- SCREEN areas below decks and porches with 1/8” wire mesh to help prevent material from accumulating underneath
- COVER exterior attic and soffit vents with 1/8” wire mesh to help prevent sparks from entering your home
- ENCLOSE eaves to help prevent ember entry
- INSPECT shingles or roof tiles. REPLACE missing shingles or tiles. COVER ends of tiles with bird stops or cement to help prevent ember penetration during a wildfire.
Call Us Today!
Our Golden, Wheat Ridge, and Evergreen team is on call 24-hours a day to assist home and commercial businesses with fire damage. We restore fire damage in Wheat Ridge “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 303-279-8055.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.