Hoarding Fire in Wheat Ridge Garage?
Our Golden, Wheat Ridge, and Evergreen team restore fire damage in Golden every year. Here is some information about hoarding and fire risks from the National Fire Protection Association:
Why Hoarding Increases Fire Risks
- Cooking is unsafe if flammable items are close to the stove or oven
- Heating units may be too close to things that can burn, and they might also be placed on unstable surfaces. If a heater tips over into a pile, it can cause a fire.
- Electrical wiring may be old or worn from the weight of piles. Pests could chew on wires, and damaged wires can start fires.
- Open flames from smoking materials or candles in a home with excess clutter are very dangerous
- Blocked pathways and exits may hinder escape from a fire
Hoarding Impacts First Responders
- Hoarding puts first responders in harm’s way
- Firefighters cannot move swiftly through a home filled with clutter
- Responders can be trapped in a house when exits are blocked. They can be injured by objects falling from piles.
- The weight of the stored items, especially if water is added to put out a fire, can lead to building collapse
- Fighting fires is very risky in a hoarding home. It is hard to enter the house to provide medical care, and the clutter impedes the search and rescue of people and pets.
Call Us Today!
When you require fire damage cleanup and restoration services, our Golden, Wheat Ridge, and Evergreen team is Here to Help.® Call us today at 303-279-8055.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.