Extension Cord Fire in Wheat Ridge Home?
Our local team in Golden, Wheat Ridge, and Evergreen have been restoring fire damage for Wheat Ridge residents and businesses for many years. Here are some extension cord safety tips from The Electrical Safety Foundation International (EFSI):
- Do not overload extension cords or allow them to run through water or snow on the ground
- Do not substitute extension cords for permanent wiring
- Do not run through walls, doorways, ceilings, or floors
- Do not use an extension cord for more than one appliance
- Multiple plug outlets must be plugged directly into mounted electrical receptacles; they cannot be chained together
- Make sure the extension cord or temporary power strip is rated for the products to be plugged in and is marked for either indoor or outdoor use
- Never use a cord that feels hot or is damaged in any way
- Never use three-prong plugs with outlets with only two slots for the plug. Do not cut off the ground pin to force a fit. Never force a plug into an outlet if it doesn’t fit.
- Buy only cords approved by an independent testing laboratory, such as Underwriters Laboratories (UL), Intertek (ETL), or Canadian Standards Association (CSA)
When you have a fire damage emergency in your Wheat Ridge home or commercial business, our local restoration team in Golden, Wheat Ridge, and Evergreen will clean and restore the damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 303-279-8055.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.