Frozen Pipes in Wheat Ridge?
Overnight temperatures in March fall below freezing, and frozen pipes are a common problem. SERVPRO® of Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen offers these recommendations from the Institute of Business and Home Safety for reducing your risk of damage:
- Seal openings and penetrations:Seal all windows, doors, and other openings on exterior walls with caulk or insulation to prevent cold air from penetrating wall cavities
- Seal cracks and penetrations: Seal all wall cracks and penetrations, including domestic and fire protection lines, electrical conduit, and other utility service lines
- Insulate and seal attic penetrations:Insulate and seal attic penetrations such as partition walls, vents, plumbing stacks, and electric and mechanical chases
- Run faucets:Let all faucets drip during extremely cold weather to prevent freezing of the water inside the pipe, and if freezing does occur, to relieve pressure buildup in the pipes between the ice blockage and the faucet
- Insulate pipes
- Insulate recessed light fixtures
- Install an automatic excess flow switch
- Monitor sprinkler systems
- Provide backup power
Call Us Today!
Frozen pipes can cause severe damage to a structure if not mitigated quickly. When your Wheat Ridge home or commercial business has water damage, SERVPRO® Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 303-279-8055.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.