Winter Storm Event Safety Tips for Evergreen Businesses?
SERVPRO® of Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year in Evergreen. The Insurance Institute of Business and Home Safety offers this information on what a business can do after a winter storm event:
Activate your business continuity plan
- Ensure everyone is safe
- Make sure guests, clients, and employees are safe
- Be prepared to evacuate if structural damage from snow and ice makes a building unsafe
- Stay away from downed powerlines
- Safety first!
- Keep the parking lot and sidewalks surrounding the building free of snow and ice. Shovel after each snowfall. Keep ice melt/salt on the ground to prevent slips and falls.
- Place non-slip mats in front of entryways to prevent slipping as employees and customers enter/exit your business property
- Monitor your roof’s snow load to ensure it does not exceed its maximum capacity
- Conduct an assessment of the snow and ice equivalent
- If you have excessive snow or ice dams, have your snow removal team safely remove the snow and ice dams
- Watch for signs of snow load damage, such as creaking sounds, a sagging roof, cracks in the ceiling or walls, water stains, and doors or windows that no longer open and close correctly
- In case of a power outage, use your generator
When your Evergreen commercial business or home has storm damage, SERVPRO® Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 303-279-8055.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.