Alternate Power Safety Tips for Wheat Ridge?
SERVPRO® of Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen wants everyone in Wheat Ridge to stay safe during a winter storm. Here are some tips from the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for using alternate methods for lighting, and generator and other appliances safely:
Light your home safely.
- Use battery-powered flashlights or lanterns rather than candles, if possible. Candles can lead to house fires.
- If you do use candles, never leave lit candles unattended
- Visit What You Need to Know When the Power Goes Out Unexpectedly for more information on power outage safety
Use generators and other appliances safely.
- Generators should be located at least 20 feet from any window, door, or vent and in a space where rain and snow will not reach them
- Protect yourself from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning by installing a battery-operated CO detector
- Never use generators, gas or charcoal grills, camp stoves, or similar devices inside your home, in basements, in garages, or near windows. The fumes are deadly.
- Plug in appliances to the generator using individual heavy-duty, outdoor-rated extension cords
- Do not use the generator or appliances if they are wet
- Do not store gasoline indoors where the fumes could ignite
When your Wheat Ridge home or commercial business needs storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your storm damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 303-279-8055.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.