Power Outage in Golden?
Power outages can happen at any time and for any reason. It is especially important to know how to survive during a power outage during the cold winter months. SERVPRO® of Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen wants everyone in Golden to be safe during a power outage and offers these tips from the Federal Emergency Management Agency:
- Keep freezers and refrigerators closed. The refrigerator will keep food cold for about four hours, and a full freezer will keep the temperature for about 48 hours. Use coolers with ice if necessary. Monitor temperatures with a thermometer.
- Use food supplies that do not require refrigeration
- Avoid carbon monoxide poisoning. Generators, camp stoves, or charcoal grills should always be used outdoors and at least 20 feet away from windows. Never use a gas stovetop or oven to heat your home.
- Check on your neighbors. Older adults and young children who are especially vulnerable to extreme temperatures.
- Go to a community location with power if heat or cold is extreme.
- Turn off or disconnect appliances, equipment, or electronics. Power may return with momentary “surges” or “spikes” that can cause damage.
Call Us Today!
When you have a property damage emergency in your home or commercial business, SERVPRO® Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is Here to Help. ® We’ll restore your damage, “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 303-279-8055.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.