Tornado in Golden?
Tornado safety tips for home.
The risk of tornado damage in Golden is higher than the Colorado average and is higher than the national average. On average, Golden gets three tornadoes a year, and there have been 156 tornadoes reported since 1950.
SERVPRO® of Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen responds to storm damage emergencies throughout the year and offer these tornado safety tips from The City of Golden:
- Prepare a tornado plan. Make sure everyone knows where to go in the event of a tornado. Conduct periodic tornado drills.
- The greatest threat from tornadoes is windblown debris.
- Have a supply kit. Include a first aid kit, battery-powered radio and flashlight with extra batteries, canned or dried food and can opener, and bottled water.
- Learn where to get weather information and the meaning of tornado watches and warnings
- The safest spot is in your basement if you have one
- Get under a sturdy workbench, table, or under the staircase
- Stay out of the corners because that is where debris can collect
- If you do not have a basement, then go to the lowest floor in an interior small room or hallway
- Bathrooms and closets are good examples of places to go to for shelter
- Get away from windows! Strong winds with a tornadic thunderstorm can shatter your windows and severely injure you.
When your Golden home or business needs storm damage restoration services, SERVPRO® Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 303-279-8055.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.