Plumbing System Failure in Wheat Ridge?
Knowing how to shut off your water in the event of a flooding situation can make the difference between a minor or major repair. SERVPRO® of Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen offers these tips from the Insurance Information Institute for maintaining indoor plumbing systems.
- Inspect appliance hoses and faucets. Make it a practice every year to check hoses leading to water heaters, dishwashers, washing machines, and refrigerator ice makers. Immediately replace any hoses with cracks or leaks, and replace them all every five to seven years.
- Inspect showers and tubs. Check the seal and caulking around showers and tubs to make sure they are watertight and reseal if necessary.
- When away on vacation, shut off the water supply to the washing machine. Never leave the house while the washer or dishwasher is running.
- Know the location of the main water shut-off valve in your home. A damaged hose or a burst pipe can send water racing into your home. Being able to locate and shut off the main water supply quickly will save stress, money, and time.
- Install an emergency pressure release valve in your plumbing system. This will protect against the increased pressure caused by freezing pipes and can help prevent your pipes from bursting.
- Check plumbing and heating pipes. Look closely for cracks and leaks and have any necessary repairs made immediately.
When your Wheat Ridge home or business needs water damage restoration services, SERVPRO® Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is Here to Help. ® Call us today at 303-279-8055.
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.