Halloween Party Fire in Evergreen?
SERVPRO® of Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen wishes everyone a happy Halloween celebration this year. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reports that candle fires are one of the leading causes of home fires in the United States. Here are some candle safety tips from the NFPA:
- Blow out all candles when you leave the room or go to bed. Avoid the use of candles in the bedroom and other areas where people may fall asleep.
- Keep candles at least one foot away from anything that can burn
- Use candle holders that are sturdy, and won’t tip over easily
- Put candle holders on a sturdy, uncluttered surface
- Light candles carefully. Keep your hair and any loose clothing away from the flame.
- Don’t burn a candle all the way down — put it out before it gets too close to the holder or container
- Never use a candle if oxygen is used in the home
- Have flashlights and battery-powered lighting ready to use during a power outage. Never use candles.
- Think about using flameless candles in your home. They look and smell like real candles.
Call Us Today!
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.