Fire Extinguisher Safety Tips for Applewood?
SERVPRO® of Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen responds to fire damage emergencies throughout the year in Applewood. Here are some fire extinguisher safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association for using portable fire extinguishers:
- For the home, select a multi-purpose extinguisher (can be used on all types of home fires) that is large enough to put out a small fire, but not so heavy as to be difficult to handle
- Choose a fire extinguisher that carries the label of an independent testing laboratory
- Read the instructions that come with the fire extinguisher and become familiar with its parts and operation before a fire breaks out. Local fire departments or fire equipment distributors often offer hands-on fire extinguisher training.
- Install fire extinguishers close to an exit and keep your back to a clear exit when you use the device so you can make an easy escape if the fire cannot be controlled. If the room fills with smoke, leave immediately.
- Know when to go. Fire extinguishers are one element of a fire response plan, but the primary element is a safe escape. Every household should have a home fire escape plan and working smoke alarms.
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen has a team of highly trained technicians with specialized training and experience to restore any residential or commercial fire damage. Call us today at 303-279-8055. We’ll clean and restore your fire damage in Applewood, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.