Tornado Safety Tips for Golden?
Tornadoes are a common occurrence in Colorado. Colorado averages forty-six tornadoes a year, the eighth-most in the country. SERVPRO® of Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen has been responding to storm damage emergencies in Golden for many years, and offer these tips from the National Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on tornadoes and what to do if you are under a tornado or severe weather warning:
- Can happen anytime and anywhere
- Bring intense winds, over 200 miles per hour
If you are under a tornado or severe weather warning
- Go to NOAA Weather Radio and your local news or official social media accounts for updated emergency information. Follow the instructions of state, local and tribal officials.
- Go to a safe shelter immediately, such as a safe room, basement, storm cellar, or a small interior room on the lowest level of a sturdy building
- Stay away from windows, doors, and outside walls
- Do not go under an overpass or bridge. You’re safer in a low, flat location.
- Watch out for flying debris that can cause injury or death
- Use your arms to protect your head and neck
- If you can’t stay at home, make plans to go to a public shelter
Call Us Today!
SERVPRO® Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen has a team of highly trained technicians with specialized training and experience to quickly and efficiently restore storm damage. Call us today at 303-279-8055. We’ll restore your storm damage in Golden, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.