Fire Damage Emergency Tips for Wheat Ridge Homeowners?
According to a report published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), during a five-year period, United States fire departments responded to an estimated 353,100 home fires per year between 2014 and 2018.
SERVPRO® of Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen offers these tips from our website on things you can do to stay safe while waiting for help to arrive:
After any fire damage situation, your safety should be the primary focus.
- Stay in the house only if it safe
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform
- Wet materials can be very heavy
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
- Change the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
Call Us Today! SERVPRO® Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen has a team of highly trained technicians with specialized training and experience to quickly and efficiently restore fire damage. Call us today at 303-279-8055. We’ll restore your fire damage in Wheat Ridge, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.