Fire Damage Emergency Tips for Wheat Ridge Homeowners?
According to a report published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), during a five-year period, United States fire departments responded to an estimated 353,100 home fires per year between 2014 and 2018.
After any fire damage situation, your safety should be the primary focus.
- Stay in the house only if it safe
- Electrical and "slip and fall" hazards are some of the most prevalent concerns
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform
- Wet materials can be very heavy
What To Do After A Fire
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets
- Keep hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Clean and protect chrome with a light coating of petroleum jelly or oil
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves
- Change the heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) filter
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers
Call Us Today! SERVPRO® Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen has a team of highly trained technicians with specialized training and experience to quickly and efficiently restore fire damage. Call us today at 303-279-8055. We’ll restore your fire damage in Wheat Ridge, “Like it never even happened.”
Franchises are Independently Owned and Operated.