ERP's for Business and Home
SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen truck at the ready...just call!
Who doesn’t remember fire drills in school? Those in charge knew the plan, the safe way to exit the building and made sure everyone in their charge knew the information too. From exit door, to meeting place, to the “all clear”, everyone in the building learned what to do in an emergency.
Fast forward to your work place or home. Look around you, how many people know where the nearest safe exits are? How many know where to go if its blocked? How many know where the fire extinguishers are? The water shut off valve? The gas shut off? The nearest emergency or first responder base?
No matter the size of the building, company, family or home this is all key information that should be easy to find in case of an emergency.
SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen offers ERP preparation (Emergency Ready Profile) as a FREE service to the community. Our trained technician will meet with you and walk through your site with you, taking notes and photos, which he will then compile in an easy to use report.
Should an emergency arise the ERP will provide:
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency.
- A guide to help you get back into your building following a disaster.
- Establishes SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider.
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin.
- Facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas and priority contact information.
Call SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge /Evergreen today at 303-279-8055 to schedule your ERP. When disaster strikes you can be ruined, or you can BE READY!!
A Tale of Damage: Fire, Water, Soot and Smoke
Smoke and soot cause extensive damage in Evergreen home.
Crackling fire in the fireplace? Warming, cozy and GOOD.
Crackling fire in the hallway? Frightening, dangerous and BAD.
As devastating as fire can be, once it’s put out is when ALL the damage becomes apparent.
Sure, there will be damage from the flames. There will also be damage from materials used to douse the flames, be that chemical suppressant or water. Damage from smoke and soot will quickly become apparent as smoke carries its oppressive odor everywhere it goes and soot sticks to every surface it crosses.
Professional assessment of fire and smoke damage is vital to the recovery of your home or business. Smoke and soot damage can vary depending on what materials were burning, improper handling of the clean-up can result in permanent staining, odor retention and surface damage.
As soon as the danger has passed, call SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen at 303-279-8055 24/7 for help clearing the damage so you can rebuild. From boarding windows and securing your building to testing the smoke residue and implementing the proper method of cleaning, SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen will help you through the process of recovery from fire.
When Winter Weather Strikes, STRIKE BACK!
Ready to help you when things get icy in Golden.
Unlike hail storms in the summer that appear out of nowhere and wreak havoc in an instant, winter storms can be prepared for. This year take the bite out of winter with a little preparation.
Steps can be taken to help your home or business survive winters worst. Pipes along exterior walls can be insulated, cabinets under sinks can be left open on the coldest of nights to help prevent frozen pipes.
Gutters can be cleared of debris to ensure easy run off when the snow and ice melt. Clear running gutters help prevent ice dams. Ice dams can cause water to backflow under shingles and into the interior of your home or business.
Furnaces and ducts can be cleaned to prevent damage from furnace puffbacks and to cut down on airborne dust and contaminants affecting your indoor air quality.
Exteriors can be inspected with an eye toward safety in icy situations and proper drainage to alleviate flood hazard potential.
If winter manages to get the better of you despite these precautions, call SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen 303-279-8055 for prompt help with your emergency. Our phones are answered 24/7 and our crews are ready to help night and day.
What does IICRC certification mean to you?
SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen ready for your call!
The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) began in 1972 as a means of standardizing carpet cleaning practices. Since then the Institute has grown to include other cleaning service industries. The 15-member board of directors meet quarterly to establish and update restoration guidelines and reference guides. This group of experts come from independent careers in manufacturing, insurance, public health, contractors, carpet cleaning and the remediation and mitigation industry.
The IICRC has evolved into a global organization with over 53,000 active certified technicians working for more than 6,000 IICRC Certified Firms around the world. The IICRC approves instructors to teach and administer its certification programs, once certified by the IICRC, technicians must earn continuing education credits to maintain their certifications.
What does this mean to you the consumer? Choosing an IICRC Certified Firm to work in your home or office gives you an added layer of peace of mind because you will know;
- Their technicians are properly trained and knowledgeable in up-to-date restoration processes
- The IICRC Certified Firm is bound to deliver high levels of customer service.
- The IICRC Certified Firm has all applicable insurance and license.
SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is an IICRC Certified Firm. We carry IICRC certification in;
ASD Applied Structural Drying
WRT Water Damage Restoration Tech
Lead Inspector Certification
TCST Trauma and Crime Scene Tech
Bloodborne Pathogens Certification
OCT Odor Control Technician
AMRT Applied Microbial Remediation Tech
FSRT Fire & Smoke Restoration Tech
When disasters large or small wreak havoc with your life, make one phone call to SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen 303-279-8055 for peace of mind. Our phones are answered 24/7 and our crews are ready to respond day or night. No matter the size of your loss, rest assured our trained technicians are ready to help. We’re local, trained and able to get to you quickly.
Protect your pipes in freezing weather
It doesn't take a large hole in a pipe to make a big water mess. Burst pipe in Evergreen, CO
SERVPRO Golden, Wheat Ridge, Evergreen 303-279-8055 is your local, industry leader in water restoration. Our phones are answered locally 24/7, our crews are on call 24 hours a day and our technicians are trained and certified IICRC Water Restoration Professionals.
When cold weather hits, frozen pipes can cause extensive and expensive damage to a home. According to the Insurance Institute for Business and Home Safety (IBHS) water damage from a burst pipe can easily cost $5000, more if no one is home at the time of the loss.
With a few simple and inexpensive steps, a home owner can prevent frozen pipes and avoid the nightmare of water damage. Before temperatures start to drop follow these simple guidelines to avoid burst pipes and those phone calls to your plumber and SERVPRO Golden, Wheat Ridge, Evergreen.
- Drain water from exterior hoses and supply lines. Sprinkler systems should be winterized BEFORE the temperatures start to fluctuate.
- Shut off exterior water (if possible) and leave the outside valve open, allowing any remaining water in the pipe to expand without causing a broken pipe.
- Insulate interior pipes (hot and cold) that are along exterior walls (think kitchen sinks, garages, attics, crawlspaces) Inexpensive foam pipe insulation is available at hardware and building supply
When winter strikes and the temperatures are freezing
- Keep garage doors closed if supply lines run through garage.
- Open cabinet doors under kitchen and bathroom sinks allowing air and heat to better circulate around plumbing.
- Let cold water drip or trickle from all faucets until the freeze is over.
- Keep the thermostat set to the same temperature day and night. The heating bill might be a little higher for a few days, but steady heat can prevent frozen and burst pipes.
- IF the house will be vacant during cold weather, leave the heat set no lower than 55° F.
IF after these precautions you turn on a faucet and only a trickle comes out, you can safely suspect a frozen pipe. Keep the faucet open as you search for the frozen blockage. Once found warm the pipe by wrapping an electric heating pad around the pipe, or use an electric hair dryer, a portable space heater or wrap pipes with towels soaked in hot water. DO NOT use a blow torch, kerosene or propane heater, charcoal stove or other open flame device. Check all the faucets in your home as more than one pipe could have frozen.
Apply heat until full water pressure is restored. If you are unable to locate, access or thaw the frozen pipe, call a licensed plumber. In the event of a burst pipe, call a licensed plumber to repair the break and then call SERVPRO Golden, Wheat Ridge, Evergreen 303-279-8055 we will respond quickly to your water loss and work to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Waiting for the Call
Ready to travel to where help is needed
Hurricane Florence was downgraded to a tropical storm but that doesn’t mean much to the folks in North Carolina, they are still wet. Though the storm may have ‘passed’ the effects have not. All that rain and standing water must go somewhere. It will become run off which will fill rivers to over flowing and the flooding continues. Then the flooding will move on, down river, affecting more and more communities. Some areas hit hardest by Florence are still not accessible due to the flooding.
The clean up begins once the waters recede. Homeowners will finally be able to assess the damage and SERVPRO will be ready to help them. SERVPRO Teams across the U.S. are on alert, ready to travel in case they are needed and SERVPRO GOLDEN, WHEAT RIDGE, EVERGREEN is one of those teams. Our crew will load the trucks with as much equipment and supplies as we can, filling any extra space with donations for those flooded communities and then head east.
SERVPRO is dedicated to helping those in need as quickly as possible to help minimize the damage from such a catastrophic loss. SERVPRO Storm Teams are already in place, now the SERVPRO crews across the country wait for the call, to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Spring Cleaning – Duct Cleaning
Pet hair, construction debris, residue from smoke (fire or cigarettes), dust and cobwebs are frequent residents in a homes duct works. If the home has small children that list could also include small toys and crayons. Debris in the system can affect the over all efficiency of the furnace/AC unit.
It has been estimated that 9 out of 10 HVAC systems fail due to improper cleaning or a total lack of cleaning. That is an expensive repair/replace! The National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends getting your air ducts cleaned every three to five years (www.nadca.com )
SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen 303-279-8055 to have your duct works professional cleaned. Estimates can be given over the phone, service calls available usually within the same week.
Carpet Delamination and You
Carpeting is designed to tolerate some water intrusion. A spilled glass of water won’t cause lasting damage to your carpets. A burst pipe and a foot of standing water can cause lasting damage to those same carpets.
When a carpet is exposed to excess water the glues that hold it together begin to deteriorate. This is known as delamination. The backing will begin to pull away from the carpet fibers, the layers of the backing will begin to pull away from each other.
When dealing with a water loss prompt action is the best way to avoid replacing your carpets. Call SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen at 303-279-8055 for immediate help with your water vs. carpeting emergencies. Our technicians are IICRC trained professionals who will remove the excess water and bring your rooms back to dry. Our phones are answered 24/7 by a staff member ready to help with your disaster.
SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is one phone call away when it comes to your commercial cleaning needs.
Golden restaurants have brought us in to do after hours deep cleaning in their kitchens and bars.
Evergreen manufacturers have had us clean production rooms after fire extinguishers left a layer of residue on every surface.
Wheat Ridge property management companies have called on us to clean office, industrial and residential units when damages exceeded normal wear and tear.
SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is an industry leader in all aspects of mitigation, remediation and commercial cleaning. Our technicians are trained and IICRC certified specializing in the removal of stubborn stains, greasy buildup, carpet cleaning, odor elimination, decontamination and sanitization.
Whether caused by vandalism, accident or the build up of day to day business operations we have the professional expertise to handle your commercial cleaning. Call 303-279-8055 today to schedule work or a no cost estimate.
In’s and Out’s of Biohazard and Vandalism Clean Up
The technicians at SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen are trained to safely and effectively remove bio hazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA and state and local health regulations. Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products, SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen professionals help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and offices.
- Blood Born Pathogens – Remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances, our technicians thoroughly clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
- Methamphetamine Labs – Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. We follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces
- Crime Scene Residue – Finger print powder and evidence-gathering chemicals, tear gas and pepper spray residues – professionally cleaned, property restored
- Arson and Vandalism – We provide cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled food, human or animal waste
- Sewage Backup – Sewage or black water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits – these damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. Our technicians will remove the sewage, contaminants and moisture, disinfecting and deodorizing as they clean.
With one call to 303-279-8055 - SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen will be on site quickly to turn your nightmare into a faint memory. Our phones are personally answered 24/7 and our crews are ready to respond night or day. Until we arrive here are some things to do, or not do, until we arrive
- Hose or wash egg or other residue damage from building exterior as soon as possible
- Carefully vacuum glass particles from carpets and upholstery
- Save containers revealing the ingredients of products used in vandalism damage
- Record all damage and photograph when possible
- Attempt to remove ink, paint or cosmetic stains
- Operate damaged lamps or appliances
- Discard broken or damaged pieces from porcelain, furniture or other contents that may be used for repair
Call SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen and let us make it “Like it never even happened.”