Waiting for the Call
Ready to travel to where help is needed
Hurricane Florence was downgraded to a tropical storm but that doesn’t mean much to the folks in North Carolina, they are still wet. Though the storm may have ‘passed’ the effects have not. All that rain and standing water must go somewhere. It will become run off which will fill rivers to over flowing and the flooding continues. Then the flooding will move on, down river, affecting more and more communities. Some areas hit hardest by Florence are still not accessible due to the flooding.
The clean up begins once the waters recede. Homeowners will finally be able to assess the damage and SERVPRO will be ready to help them. SERVPRO Teams across the U.S. are on alert, ready to travel in case they are needed and SERVPRO GOLDEN, WHEAT RIDGE, EVERGREEN is one of those teams. Our crew will load the trucks with as much equipment and supplies as we can, filling any extra space with donations for those flooded communities and then head east.
SERVPRO is dedicated to helping those in need as quickly as possible to help minimize the damage from such a catastrophic loss. SERVPRO Storm Teams are already in place, now the SERVPRO crews across the country wait for the call, to help make it “Like it never even happened.”
Spring Cleaning – Duct Cleaning
Pet hair, construction debris, residue from smoke (fire or cigarettes), dust and cobwebs are frequent residents in a homes duct works. If the home has small children that list could also include small toys and crayons. Debris in the system can affect the over all efficiency of the furnace/AC unit.
It has been estimated that 9 out of 10 HVAC systems fail due to improper cleaning or a total lack of cleaning. That is an expensive repair/replace! The National Air Duct Cleaners Association recommends getting your air ducts cleaned every three to five years (www.nadca.com )
SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen 303-279-8055 to have your duct works professional cleaned. Estimates can be given over the phone, service calls available usually within the same week.
Carpet Delamination and You
Carpeting is designed to tolerate some water intrusion. A spilled glass of water won’t cause lasting damage to your carpets. A burst pipe and a foot of standing water can cause lasting damage to those same carpets.
When a carpet is exposed to excess water the glues that hold it together begin to deteriorate. This is known as delamination. The backing will begin to pull away from the carpet fibers, the layers of the backing will begin to pull away from each other.
When dealing with a water loss prompt action is the best way to avoid replacing your carpets. Call SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen at 303-279-8055 for immediate help with your water vs. carpeting emergencies. Our technicians are IICRC trained professionals who will remove the excess water and bring your rooms back to dry. Our phones are answered 24/7 by a staff member ready to help with your disaster.
SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is one phone call away when it comes to your commercial cleaning needs.
Golden restaurants have brought us in to do after hours deep cleaning in their kitchens and bars.
Evergreen manufacturers have had us clean production rooms after fire extinguishers left a layer of residue on every surface.
Wheat Ridge property management companies have called on us to clean office, industrial and residential units when damages exceeded normal wear and tear.
SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is an industry leader in all aspects of mitigation, remediation and commercial cleaning. Our technicians are trained and IICRC certified specializing in the removal of stubborn stains, greasy buildup, carpet cleaning, odor elimination, decontamination and sanitization.
Whether caused by vandalism, accident or the build up of day to day business operations we have the professional expertise to handle your commercial cleaning. Call 303-279-8055 today to schedule work or a no cost estimate.
In’s and Out’s of Biohazard and Vandalism Clean Up
The technicians at SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen are trained to safely and effectively remove bio hazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA and state and local health regulations. Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products, SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen professionals help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and offices.
- Blood Born Pathogens – Remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances, our technicians thoroughly clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
- Methamphetamine Labs – Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. We follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces
- Crime Scene Residue – Finger print powder and evidence-gathering chemicals, tear gas and pepper spray residues – professionally cleaned, property restored
- Arson and Vandalism – We provide cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled food, human or animal waste
- Sewage Backup – Sewage or black water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits – these damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. Our technicians will remove the sewage, contaminants and moisture, disinfecting and deodorizing as they clean.
With one call to 303-279-8055 - SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen will be on site quickly to turn your nightmare into a faint memory. Our phones are personally answered 24/7 and our crews are ready to respond night or day. Until we arrive here are some things to do, or not do, until we arrive
- Hose or wash egg or other residue damage from building exterior as soon as possible
- Carefully vacuum glass particles from carpets and upholstery
- Save containers revealing the ingredients of products used in vandalism damage
- Record all damage and photograph when possible
- Attempt to remove ink, paint or cosmetic stains
- Operate damaged lamps or appliances
- Discard broken or damaged pieces from porcelain, furniture or other contents that may be used for repair
Call SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen and let us make it “Like it never even happened.”
The FULL scope of SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen's Commercial Work
SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is ready to respond to your Front Range emergencies.
SERVPRO is known as the go-to company for water disaster mitigation and fire loss remediation but did you know we are industry leaders in so much more? SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is who to call when your business needs assistance with:
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Carpet Cleaning
- Sewage Backups
- Crime Scene Residues
- Methamphetamine Labs
- Blood borne Pathogens
Our technicians are IICRC trained professionals, ready to handle your mitigation jobs no matter the size.
Your call to 303-279-8055 will be personally answered 24/7.
Our crews are ready to respond to your emergency quickly and efficiently, understanding your need to have as little interruption to daily operations as possible.
SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen never says no to the big jobs! We have the equipment and experience necessary to handle your most challenging situations.
Why is it important to call a professional for mold removal?
Mold grows in cool, dark, moist places. Mold spreads by releasing spores into the air. If the very act of removing mold disturbs the mold and releases those spores, how then does one get rid of it?
Spraying mold with bleach is ill advised, as the bleach contains more water than active ingredient, which can lead to sustaining the mold rather than killing it.
Painting over the mold doesn’t stop it from growing, it simply spreads the mold to a larger area.
The State of Colorado requires asbestos testing be done before the removal of building materials. Improperly tearing out mold infested materials not only runs the risk of disturbing mold spores but also the risk of asbestos contamination of the entire home. Is it worth the risk?
Call SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen at 303-279-8055 for professional assistance in removing mold from your home.
Our trained technicians will assess the damage, set up a containment area, safely remove the mold damaged materials and treat the remaining surfaces to inhibit further growth. Once the mold is removed from the structure our technicians will set up drying equipment to ensure the site is no longer holding moisture and place an air scrubber with HEPA filtration to remove any remaining mold from the air. Why worry about mold spreading? Call SERVPRO and let us make it “Like it never even happened”.
Mold, Moisture and You
Mold is naturally occurring in our environment. With over 100,000 identified varieties one can assume mold is everywhere. Not all 100,000 varieties are harmful, in fact many molds add value to our lives. However, excessive amounts of mold can pose a health concern for some people.
An intrusion of water into your home or commercial structure can result in mold growth. No matter the cause, when a water loss is not dealt with right away the resulting damage can present increased risk of harmful mold growth. If the humidity and moisture levels in a water damaged environment are not promptly returned to acceptable levels of dry, mold spores may grow and multiply.
A properly mitigated water loss leaves no excess moisture behind to support mold growth. If mold growth has gotten a head of you, call SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen at 303-279-8055 for professional water loss mitigation and mold remediation.
An ERP is an EMERGENCY READY PROFILE, a free service we offer to our community.
Are you aware that 50% of businesses may never recover after suffering a disaster? Of the 50% that do recover from disaster, an overwhelming majority of them had a preparedness plan in place.
The best way to reduce business interruption following a disaster is to plan for it NOW, before disaster strikes. Preparation is the key component for making it through any size storm, whether the disaster is a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood.
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile is a start up approach that provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. It is designed to serve as a quick reference of important building and contact information. Knowing what to do and what to expect in advance is the key to timely mitigation and can help minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
A SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile offers
- A no cost assessment of your facility
- A concise Profile Document that contains only the critical information needed in the event of an emergency
- A list of all emergency contacts: police, hospital, HVAC, fire department, contractors (electrician, plumber)
- Identification of the line of command for authorizing work to begin
- Provides facility details such as shut-off valve locations, priority areas, access points for emergency crews and priority contact information
An ERP takes just a moment of your time, to walk your property with one of our techs as they gather information. This information will be returned to you in an organized folder so whoever is on site for whatever the emergency, the needed answers will be easy to find.
Call 303-279-8055 SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen today to request an ERP for your business!
What do do before help arrives
The fire has been put out and now it’s time to deal with the damage. Before you risk doing further damage by attempting to clean up the mess yourself, call 303-279-8055. SERVPRO Golden/Wheat Ridge/Evergreen is on call 24/7 to help with your mitigation needs.
Here is a list of what you can do until help arrives:
- Keep your hands clean
- Limit movement in the home to prevent further damage
- Place dry/colorfast towels or old linens on carpeted traffic areas to prevent more soiling.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator and prop doors open
- Wipe soot from chrome on faucets and appliances then protect with a light coating of lubricant such as oil or petroleum jelly
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet
- DO NOT attempt to wash any walls or painted surfaces
- DO NOT attempt to shampoo carpet or upholstered furniture
- DO NOT attempt to clean any electrical appliances that may have been close to fire or water without first consulting a repair service.
- DO NOT send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor
Our crew of trained technicians will answer your call promptly and help to prioritize what needs to be done to get your home back to “Like it never even happened."